Top 10 Countries with High Speed Internet
No doubt, the power of internet is immense. However, the power of internet could be at the peak if it is supported with High Internet Speed. And to let you know some countries are completely at peak in their internet power with a speed of 60 Mbps.
Wondering which are the countries with the world’s fastest internet speeds? Here we go…
1. Hong Kong
The autonomous state of Hong Kong has average internet peak speed of 63.5 Mbps, approximately 3.5 times higher than the global average of 18.3 Mbps. This has gone up 9% over the past quarter and 29% over the previous year.
Also known as the Land of the Rising Sun, Japan takes the second spot in the list with an average peak speed of 50 Mbps. This shows a 13% rise over the highest speed compared to the last quarter and 26% increase over the last year.
The small European country of Romania grabs the third position in this ranking with 47.9 Mbps average peak internet speed. According to Akamai, this figure has increased 8.9% compared to the preceding quarter and 23% over the last year.
4. South Korea
One of the most connected nations in the world. South Korea is at fourth place with average peak internet speed of 44.8%. While this figure has gone up 1.5% over the past quarter, it has decreased 6.3% compared to the preceding year.
The Baltic country of Latvia recorded 44.2 Mbps average peak internet speed in Q1 2013. It has grown 10% QoQ and 32% against the last year.
Singapore, with 41.1 Mbps average peak internet speed, took the sixth spot in the list. This represents an increase of 8.8% compared to the last quarter of 2012 and 43% over the previous year.
Narrowly behind Singapore in this list is Switzerland with 40.3 Mbps average peak internet speed. It recorded over 40% increase over the past year and 12% compared to the past quarter.
Bulgaria recorded 38.2 Mbps average peak internet speed, with 14% QoQ change and 39% YoY increase.
The average peak internet speed in Netherlands during the first quarter of 2013 was 38.2 Mbps. Akamai’s report says that the figure has increased 15% over the previous quarter and 30% over last year.
Belgium rounded up the top 10 with an average peak speed of 38 Mbps, with 14% rise compared to the previous quarter and 30% over last year.
Check out related posts below...
- Aakash Indian Tab
- Facebook (FB) Video messages – A new trend
- Foodie - Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography
- Facebook Video Calling – How to get started
- Why to use EXCEL application for work or personal data?
- Apple iPhone 5 – Everything you want to know about
- Tablet Ubislate 7 – Storming In Indian Market
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- Apps / Utilities to keep duplicate emails free from your device
- Facebook Home update brings Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram to lock screen
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014