Tomatoes are good for you…just try this!
When we are out at a vegetable store or on the market on a weekly basis, we come across heaps or packs of red tomatoes. What are tomatoes? A vegetable or a fruit? Well, this is quite interesting to know that tomato is actually a fruit than vegetable.
Few centuries ago these tomatoes that we relish today were considered to be poisonous and acidic. What’s it like today? It is one of the essential fruit that is packed with several properties that are beneficial for our health. Tomatoes are also used in the diet for weight reduction as it has no fat content. This fruit has also a very powerful antioxidant called lycopene that reduces the risk of prostate cancer and very good for cardiovascular diseases. Cooking of this actually increases the release of lycopene.
Tomatoes are filled with vitamin C which increases immunity levels and keeps common colds and coughs away. It is helpful also in congestion of the liver, also helps in dissolving gallstones. Today it has most amazing health properties.
It is very easy to include tomatoes in your diet as this has a regular usage in daily recipes like, tomato soups, salads, juice, cooked with vegetables, used in dals and curries and in most of the pulaos and many more as such food recipes. It is quite difficult to mention recipes that are away from tomatoes.
Now that we know the essential properties of tomatoes we can never ignore its valuable contents. Being healthy is important and so I recommend usage of tomatoes in your regular diet.
Check out related posts below...
- Plastic bags: A new era of recycling
- Honey, I am home! (6) Six simple benefits of honey
- Online shopping, new saving curve with CashKaro’s cash back options
- Summer Care - Hand and Feets
- Smile all the way with nature, family and peace of mind.
- Pneumococcal Disease and its prevention
- Do You Eat Chicken? Know your food... | Health Benefits
- How to treat and overcome iron deficiency anemia?
- Weight Loss: Find your way to happiness and success. Will you?
- Veggie and Non-veggie facts: Food habits or a mantra
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014