STRESS, Health – Important Factors
Are you stressed? Or do you know someone who is stressed? How can you know someone who is stressed? Many such questions will arise in your mind when we think of Stress.
How important do you think it is to understand stress? Well, I would say very much important. Stress is often overlooked but, it is an important factor that can have devastating effects on our health. Stress is commonly associated with work and understandably so, but as you’ve discovered, you can encounter stress anywhere over the course of your day such as super market, at home or at school.
We all experience sessions in our lives when everything seems to happen all at once or we have so much little time and huge things to do in this time. Even though we have options of technology, time saving technological devices and methods that promise to deliver our virtue and make our life simpler. This can hardly make difference in our everyday lives. As a result most of us seem to be left with less time and increasing stress levels.
Occasional pressure is not a bad thing. In fact, we all thrive on a bit of pressure which motivates us to get things done. The problem arises when we are constantly living in ‘pressure cooker’ mode which is unsustainable and will ultimately end in stress. Stress is what happens in our minds and bodies when pressure accumulates and our perceived ability to cope is low. In essence, stress is not about what happens to you, but about your perception of your ability to deal with it. Sadly what goes on in your mind starts to show up in your health. In stressful situations, your body goes into ‘fight or flight’ mode, releasing a cocktail of hormones to ensure that you are able to respond in an instant. Occasionally this is fine but on a regular basis, you are travelling fast down the highway to high blood pressure, strokes, heart disease, ulcers and even mental health issues.
Another way that uncontrolled stress can have a negative impact on your health is by driving you to indulge in negative behaviors as a means of coping behaviors such as comfort eating, smoking, drug abuse, alcohol or some other addiction. It is therefore worth taking measures to keep your stress levels down because you are guaranteed a stressful situation at some point of your life.
Check out related posts below...
- The revolution of Books to E-books, does this change your interest in it?
- Bananas: Internal and External Benefits
- What to have post workout: Workout healthy diet
- Stress Health – How to manage stress?
- What is Diabetes??? What causes Diabetes???
- Weight Loss: Find your way to happiness and success. Will you?
- Pneumococcal Disease and its prevention
- Stress, Work stress? Keep a watch...you may sink
- Smile all the way with nature, family and peace of mind.
- Handful of colors and a master piece
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014