Stress Health – How to manage stress?
In my earlier blog you have come across on issues how stress is built up or how it affects us?
Stress is a situational factor. We might come across stress in any form and any place. This could be related to Work (this is very common) and could widely be seen in various sessions of our life. Stress gets to the core if not managed properly. Stress can have very drastic and devastating effects on our health. So it is very important to know and learn how to manage stress.
We know that at some point of time in life we come across ‘Stress’. Well, stress is not the beast that cannot be tamed. Here are few ways that you can manage stress well, very well atleast in my point of view which you will surely agree.
- Break it Down: Whether it’s planning a wedding, dealing with exams or writing a major contract bid, being that bit more organized, planning well and splitting your project into manageable chunks can help you stay on top of things.
- Get support from friends and family: This is one strategy that I know as a community we are more than able to deliver on. Our sense of community spirit is absolutely brilliant because we see each other as an extension of our family, so we rally round each other in times of need.
- Start the day on a positive note and maintain a positive attitude: This is one of the most beneficial ingredient to keep your day away from stress or keep stress levels low as much as possible. Are you a ‘glass half full’ or ‘glass half empty’ type of person? Do you minimize risk or maximize opportunity? When you are going through a tough time, it’s crucial to keep the right perspective. Remember that it’s not what happens to you but, how you respond to it that counts.
- Prioritize and learn to say ‘No’: What’s important and what’s urgent? Realize that saying ‘yes’ to this in effect means saying ‘No’ to the other.
- Relax: Regular time out is important. Switch your phone off and do something you enjoy and relax. Remember that all work and no play makes Jack (or Jill) a dull boy (or girl).
- Be thankful: No matter how bad things may be, there is always something to be thankful for. Take a few moments each day to identify three things that went well for you. Doing this can help your self-esteem, improve your wellbeing and give your perspective.
- Keep physically fit: Regular exercise can help you keep fit to battle down the stress levels. A fit body can support you to handle stressful situations much better.
- Get professional help: If stress levels are too high and you begin to crumble then, it’s best not to waste time and seek professional help. Seeking professional help is not seen as a weakness but, your strength as this clearly depicts that you want to escape the trap of stress. This is not expensive any ways such as emotionally, financially or mentally.
Ask yourself whether you are managing stress or stress is managing you? If your answer is the latter, you know what to do.
Check out related posts below...
- Weight Loss: Find your way to happiness and success. Will you?
- Bananas: Internal and External Benefits
- Stress, Work stress? Keep a watch...you may sink
- Summer Care - Hand and Feets
- Tomatoes are good for you...just try this!
- Plastic bags: A new era of recycling
- Foodpanda, the powerful online tool for food delivery
- Handful of colors and a master piece
- Veggie and Non-veggie facts: Food habits or a mantra
- Purify water the old style – Copper vessels kill germs
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014