Its Easy to Know, How to Delete/Deactivate Google Account
Google Mail is one of the most used Email services. However, if you think that you need to get rid of an Email ID that was created way back and you do not use or do not intend to use it further then, you can simply have it deleted or deactivated.
- Ensure that the Email is not being used for important communication even though the Email Id is not per your liking.
- The Gmail ID is directly linked to your Google Plus account. So make sure you are not going to use the Google Plus account or have not been very active in it. Else, all your data could be lost once Account Deleted.
- It is advisable and very important that you go through your lists, message etc before deciding on deletion of the Google Account for a particular ID.
- Take time to decide if you really want to delete or deactivate the Google Account.
- Ensure you have another Google Account created for your future use and communication that can be shared to your family, friends and business associates.
I think, I have covered the very basic and main reasoning to understand and to go ahead with deletion or deactivation of Google account.
Some among you might think, why should you bother if you are not going to use the Google Plus or Gmail account and leave it alone? The only reason I am showing you this is because due to some reason I do not want or anybody would want to miss on any communication. Like, a person would have sent you an email message which would be important but, you have not checked it, as you do not use the ID anymore. The sender thinks that you have received it but, not replying or may be the worst thing that you are ignoring or avoiding that person. There could be a little stress in the relationship unintentionally when it can be easy avoided by following these easy and short steps.
When you deactivate your Google or Gmail Account the sender will be notified about the non-delivery of email by an auto responder email. I think you will agree with me to be notified that your email has not reached the intended recipient and hence, you would contact him in other ways. Right!
So let’s take a look on How to deactivate or Delete a Google Account or Gmail Account.
Step 1: Sign in with your Google Account.
Fill in the Username and password to login.Step 2: Your Account shall appear as shown below. Please select DATA TOOLS as highlighted by the circle.
Step 3: Once you select the DATA TOOLS it will be taken to the next page where you need to select the option under ‘Account Management’ DELETE ACCOUNT AND DATA as highlighted by the circle.
Step 4: In this step please read the advice carefully and select the appropriate options. In my case I have selected everything as I need to close the data and communication with this particular ID, as it will no longer be used by me. Once done, hit the DELETE GOOGLE ACCOUNT button.
Step 5: Once you have hit the DELETE GOOGLE ACCOUNT button there will be a confirmation page which will show ACCOUNT DELETED.
Hope this post was helpful to all those who wanted to get rid of their old and unused Google Accounts or Gmail Accounts deleted or deactivated. If you have to share something, you can share it in the comment column below. Good time!
Check out related posts below...
- How of Hydrogen
- How To Maintain A Freshwater Aquarium
- Banking Services On Your Mobile Phone
- How to make use of your Android phone as a webcam
- Get the Most out of Google drive. Seven (7) tips to help you!
- Shortcut Keys to Navigate through Facebook
- Apps / Utilities to keep duplicate emails free from your device
- How to dye your clothes at home?
- How To Make A Lumia Box
- How to dye clothes naturally at home with family and friends
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014