How to increase speed of your Computer
It was time for me to change my old PC and shift to a brand new model and new species of computers around with tremendous speed and huge data space in hard disks.
If you did like me then for sure you would have also come across issues when the same super speed PC or Laptop was getting aged and the speed of it was slowly declining. This does happen to most of the PC’s or Laptop’s. Few things that can increase and make your machine perform back to its earlier speed can be discussed below. Sure that these small yet effective steps can force you PC or Laptop to perform again like it did before of top speed.
Our computers can slow down due to a number of reasons. One of them could be accumulation of unnecessary files in the disk. A simple way to speed up the computer is to periodically clean the disk. There are some files, like Temporary Internet Files, that can safely be removed.
These are web pages stored in the computer’s hard disk to enable quick viewing of pages previously visited. These are different from bookmarked pages, and can be safely removed.
To remove these files you can follow this path:
Click on Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
A window will open indicating the files that can be deleted, and the space that cab be gained.
Another reason for slowing down of the computer is fragmentation of files and data forcing the hard disk to work more. The solution is to periodically defragment the disk.
To do this follow the steps below:
Click on Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter.
Before the process begins, the system analyzes the data to find out if there is a need for defragmentation in the first place. The process rearranges fragmented data so the disks and drives can work more efficiently.
Check out related posts below...
- Its Easy to Know, How to Delete/Deactivate Google Account
- How to Send Self-Destructing Emails – 3 online services for you
- How to make – Recycled Paper at Home
- How to overcome Anemia?
- How of Hydrogen
- How To Maintain A Freshwater Aquarium
- How to dye clothes naturally at home with family and friends
- How to block your friends posting photos and comments directly to your Timeline on Facebook?
- How to dye your clothes at home?
- How to treat and overcome iron deficiency anemia?
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014