How to dye your clothes at home?
If you want to give your clothes a whole new look, why not to dye them at home? No chemicals, just natural colors that have been used down the centuries. So, color your own clothes and you will not have to waste a thought on the fact that someone else at a party could be wearing the same colored garment as you!
Before you begin to dye your fabric it should be treated with mordant solution as this will help fix the colors. Some colors do not need mordants like shade made from onion skins, turmeric and tea. However, for other colors you can use natural mordants like vinegar, salt and alum.
Let’s say you want to dye your fabric yellow. This shade can be obtained from a variety of sources such as turmeric and rhubarb. Wash the turmeric root, slice it and place it in a large stainless steel vessel. You can use the powder if you want.
Pour water into the vessel and bring this to a boil. Simmer for an hour. Rinse your garment in cool water, wring out the excess. Remove the dye from the heat. Place the garment in the dye and rotate it with tongs to ensure an even color. Remove and rinse in cold water and hang out to dry.
Note: You can use coffee, tea, onion skin mashed to a pulp and strained and so on. So, go on and give it a try!
You can read further about ‘How to dye clothes naturally at home with family and friends’ here.
Check out related posts below...
- How to block your friends posting photos and comments directly to your Timeline on Facebook?
- How to overcome Anemia?
- Shortcut Keys to Navigate through Facebook
- How To Make A Lumia Box
- How to make use of your Android phone as a webcam
- How to make use of Scratched CD’s (Compact Discs)
- Its Easy to Know, How to Delete/Deactivate Google Account
- Get the Most out of Google drive. Seven (7) tips to help you!
- Apps / Utilities to keep duplicate emails free from your device
- How to treat and overcome iron deficiency anemia?
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014