Facebook Video Calling – How to get started
In my previous post about video calling on facebook (fb) in hands with Skype was determined to make waves. Now, that this has launched good and feels great to be a part of this I have noticed that most of us are still unaware of the basic facts about this new feature available in Facebook.
I have been storming earlier on the very minute questions regarding the start up and usage of the feature Video calling on facebook. We can have a quick look at this small time questions (I call this small time questions because once you have started using this feature then you need not go back to this post).Its easy.
What is video calling?
Video calling makes it possible for you and your friend to talk face to face. You just need to do is complete a quick, one-time setup. Once this is done you are ready to call any friend on your friends list of Facebook. The other thing is that, if your friend is not online then, you can still leave him/her a video message. Isn’t this spectacular than the older version of voice message used on your mobile phones.
How it works:
What you and your friend need is webcams and microphones setup to your laptop or comp. By this you will be able to see as well as hear each other in real time. By any chance one of your friends does not have a webcam then, they will be able to see and hear you and you will only be able to hear him/her.
Whenever you make a call the details of the call details (time and date) is listed in your ongoing message history with each friend. However, the calls are not recorded or saved by themselves.
While video chatting you are allowed to use other features of facebook simultaneously.
To call a friend:
- Click the VIDEO button at the top of their profile (timeline) and then click Call.
- Click the Set Up button and follow the instructions for how to set up video calling on your browser.
Once you’ve successfully completed the setup, the call you’ve started with your friend should connect automatically. If it doesn’t, you can call again.
Browsers that support:
Video calling works best with the latest versions of the following browsers:
Note that video calling for Linux is not currently supported. You will need to use one of these browsers in a Mac or Windows operating system. If you’re having trouble with video calling, try upgrading or switching your browser using the links above.
How do I start a video call with a friend?
After you complete the quick, one-time setup, you’re ready to make your first call:
- Visit your friend’s profile (timeline) and click the VIDEO button in the top right corner. If you and your friend are already chatting, you can also click the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- When your friend answers, you may have to wait a moment for your call to connect before the video call begins. If your friend hasn’t set up video calling yet, you’ll be asked to wait until the setup is complete.
- If your friend is unavailable, you can leave a video message. The time and date of your missed call will be listed in your ongoing message history with your friend.
Having trouble? Make sure your webcam and microphone are both up and running, then try again.
How do I know if a friend is available to take my call?
You can see if a friend is available by entering their name at the bottom of the chat list on the right side of the page. Friends that appear online in chat are also available for video calls. A green dot next to a friend’s name means they’re online and a moon icon means they’re online but inactive.
How do I end a video call?
To end a video call, just close the video window.
Check out related posts below...
- Process of Link Removal to Avoid Google Penalties
- Apps on Smartphone helps you save 22 days of time per year
- A new tabbed interface on Gmail
- FaceBook App: Angry Birds
- Shadow Fight : Facebook Game App
- Exclusive Keycode Giveaway on Leawo Blu-ray Player for All Movie Fans
- Free WinX DVD Ripper Platinum – Digiarty’s Hello Summer Giveaway
- Face Book (FB) – Skype Collaboration to provide Video Chat online
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- FaceBook App: Kamicat Football 2012
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014