Drink milk, eat milk products and check your health for intolerance
When out with your friends or colleagues you normally tend to snack up the tea time at some bakers, correct? Well, that’s one sort of habit that I too possess. Bakers, have a variety of milk products in their store for sales which, we tend to nibble around whilst chatting with our friends.
Milk and milk products contain sugar (lactose) which needs to be broken down into glucose or galactose then to be absorbed by our body for its benefits. However, lately I have got to know that many in Asia are very intolerable to this sugar after the age of 5. This is known as lactose intolerance.
Lactose intolerance, is just the inability of the body to digest the sugar present in milk. This can also be a result of an illness, such as gastrointestinal or inflammatory bowel diseases. The symptoms could vary from indigestion, gas, bloating stomach, diarrhoea or cramps.
Diary products such as milk, yoghurt and cheese contain lactose along with store foods like bread, biscuits and cakes. You can however have some as not everything is forbidden and you can still feat on few milk products. Yoghurt can be eaten safely because the bacteria helps it to digest. Some cheese like Cheddar and Edam contain very less amount of lactose. So even these can be tasted well.
Always make sure you start with less amount of these foods and then gradually increase to a higher level as and when you get used or tolerant to lactose. Making sure that there are milk products in your everyday diet will help battle the intolerance.
Having a good health constitutes to a better day and a best living. If you are still in a perplexity about he symptoms then, its good for you to knock on the doors of a doctor or a call to your smiling physician.
Be healthy, live happy!
Check out related posts below...
- What to have post workout: Workout healthy diet
- Do You Eat Chicken? Know your food... | Health Benefits
- How to treat and overcome iron deficiency anemia?
- Bananas: Internal and External Benefits
- Veggie and Non-veggie facts: Food habits or a mantra
- Stress Health – How to manage stress?
- Purify water the old style – Copper vessels kill germs
- Summer Care - Hand and Feets
- Handful of colors and a master piece
- Pneumococcal Disease and its prevention
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014