Do You Eat Chicken? Know your food… | Health Benefits
I have been eating chicken since my childhood. But, ever since then I have never thought of knowing the actual benefits of eating chicken. The skinned chickens hanging around in the chicken shops and many are around available in cold storages across the country and world.
I have seen many of our family and friends using chicken foods in many occasions. Many occasions such as get together, parties, lunch, dinner and it was amusing that I have also had chicken sometimes for breakfast as well as evening snacks. I seldom wonder why chicken is used in many such occasions. The reason for this would be thought at a level of availability; cost and obviously the varieties and taste that chicken leaves lingering behind, in ones mouth and mind.
Many would have come across a wide range of varieties from Indian, Chinese etc. for chicken food. Now, let’s look into the real health benefits of eating chicken. I would not miss a chance to let any vegetarian friends that there are many benefits of vegetarian food that are explained in my other blogs for your use.
A leap into benefits of Chicken:
– Chicken is rich with lean high quality protein. As we know proteins are important for our body for growth. Chicken is also helpful for reducing Obese and overweight.
– Chicken for elderly people can help them in reduced bone loss. Which means this is also very good for the elderly people in our families.
– Niacin, a B-Vitamin available in chicken protects the body against cancer. The reduced quantity of niacin in our body could lead to Cancer. If you are aware that by any chance you have reduced niacin in your body then you are advised to turn to chicken food for better intake.
– Vitamin B6 along with Niacin helps the metabolism of the body. The metabolic reactions are guided by these B- complex enzymes.
– Chicken food is a very good source of phosphorus, an important mineral for the body. This helps in maintaining health of teeth and bones. Also helps in functioning of kidneys, liver and nervous system.
– Vitamin B6 also helps in Methylation. A process in the body which helps transfer of methyl groups from one molecule to another. If this process is inadequate then , this could lead to damage of blood vessels.
– The mineral Selenium is found in chicken which helps in thyroid hormone metabolism, anti oxidants defense system and immune function of the body.
Never the less as usual I have always pointed to the negative aspects of the subject matter being discussed: Eating Chicken food. So, here I bring you few.
Few aspects where the negative aspects are available in chicken:
– Studies have shown that chicken and meat consumption can increase chances of acute coronary syndrome which is associated with plaque rupture, blood clot and heart attacks is possible by eating heavy amount of chicken.
– Purines, a naturally occurring substance is found in chicken which can cause increased accumulation of uric acid. This could lead to kidney stones and conditions such as ‘gout’.
Well, if we look at the positive and negative aspects available in chicken, the benefits seem to be of high in numbers. However, I believe that anything and everything in moderation is not harmful. However, we have a trend of socializing and hence, we will be leading to parties and get together, in which we always tend to spend time relishing some good, various recipes of chicken.
Check out related posts below...
- Bananas: Internal and External Benefits
- STRESS, Health - Important Factors
- Woman - A journey of life in an auto rickshaw
- Weight Loss: Find your way to happiness and success. Will you?
- Stress, Work stress? Keep a watch...you may sink
- Purify water the old style – Copper vessels kill germs
- Pneumococcal Disease and its prevention
- The revolution of Books to E-books, does this change your interest in it?
- Plastic bags: A new era of recycling
- Foodpanda, the powerful online tool for food delivery
He lives in Bangalore, India & works for a service industry.
He is an aspirant. He likes blogging, reading, photography & learning new stuffs.
Latest posts by John Anthony (see all)
- Foodie – Delicious Camera, An App designed for Food Photography - April 22, 2016
- Sending Mass Email, is incredibly simple – Atomic Email Sender - October 16, 2015
- How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account - November 3, 2014